Monday, November 3, 2014

And So It Is



Get back.  Get way back.  Get to the rear.  Get to the bottom, the bottom of things, the matter, the whole matter.  Grey matter.  What’s the matter with all the grey matter?  Why is it so grey?  

The grey, it is the undefined, the unfinished, the unclear, the unsettled, the unfigured, the mysterious. 
 
I know that I cannot be all things, all the lovely things to all the crazy people.  I don’t have the gift for making all like me.  I don’t understand where I am in life.  Where am I?  

Just do it.  You dummy.  No, okay, I’m not a dummy, just a stopped up soul. 
Get back to where you want to be.  Yes, you.  Wake up.  Sleeping, stopped up soul.  You have everything in front of you.  Everything you need is inside of you already.  Be ready.  Stand ready.  Go steady.  

Floating, a floater, I’ve been a piece of beloved, blown up beach plastic, stationary and drifting, floating, but with no purpose.  

Don’t have a say, just float, I get told.  Just smile and take the spoon in your mouth.  I spit it out and go my own way.  I will go my way.  It is a good way.  I trust my instinct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment